History Hub is a support community for history enthusiasts, researchers, citizen archivists, family historians, and archival professionals, which is managed by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Users are encouraged to ask topically relevant questions, and share answers and guidance in response to questions from other community members. NARA moderates the community in accordance with this policy, because we believe that a well-managed community will be more valuable to all members.
- History Hub is an open public forum. History Hub is provided for the general support of historical, archival, and genealogical research. NARA is not able to provide legal guidance or historical interpretation.
- Do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public. Do not share private or or sensitive information, including personal identifiable information (PII) such as email addresses, phone numbers, home addresses, or Social Security numbers.
- Do not post anything that you do not have the right to post. We will follow a notice and takedown procedure for complaints of copyright violations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- NARA does not discriminate against any views. Nevertheless, NARA may monitor any user-generated content as it chooses and reserves the right to not post content in accordance with these terms. We do not verify the identity of commenters.
- NARA will make best efforts to review and post questions and comments as quickly as possible. Submissions, including questions and comments, are moderated and responded to during regular business hours, excluding federal holidays. Content submitted at other times will be reviewed as soon as possible on the next business day. Questions are generally responded to in the order they are received, depending on complexity and respective staff workload.
- NARA will delete or reject any content or comments which:
- contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups,
- contain personal information, including home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and Social Security numbers.
- are not on-topic,
- promote services or products, or include gratuitous links to external sites, or
- promote or oppose any political party, partisan political group, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
- NARA reserves the right to contact active users via email for purposes of platform maintenance, outreach, and improvement. Users can request to deactivate their accounts at any time.
- Information posted here is not official policy of NARA and will in no way grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. Communications made through this platform will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to NARA or any official or employee of NARA for any purpose. NARA will not comment on this platform regarding agency policies or internal processes.
- Reference by NARA staff to specific commercial businesses, products, processes, or services, including books or scholarly works, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement or recommendation by the United States Government or by the National Archives.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to the NARA Public Affairs Office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Media questions or comments will not be posted. NARA Public Affairs can be reached at 202-357-5300.