1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2021 2:23 PM by Holly Rivet Branched from an earlier discussion.

Seeking assistance regarding SF-50

Kelly Frazier Newbie

I have requested my SF 50, on 01/04/21 via fax, writing urgent at the top of the request per this forum from what was suggested for job application sf 50 requests. I requested on my fax to receive a copy via email for federal open positions. However, even after leaving a voicemail for a call back 1/6, I still haven't received any feedback either via email or by phone regarding this request. Is this required to be mailed, as the website mentions digital options, saying to send an email with the other requested information? The mailing address wasn't mentioned for requested information, just things like dob, ssn, dates & locations worked, etc. Email was provided for contacting me back. Address was not. Please advise.

• Re: Seeking assistance regarding SF-50
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Frazier,

Thank you for posting your question to the History Hub!

The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) - Civilian Personnel Records (CPR) can not email documents due to privacy concerns. The CPR staff will mail or fax copies of available records as authorized by the requester.  Please provide a mailing address or return FAX number with your request.  A provided email address may only be used for CPR staff to communicate with you.

Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, you may resubmit your request by mail or FAX.  For mail, write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.  Send your letter to: National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. For FAX, write “urgent” at the top of your request and fax it to 618-935-3014 or 618-935-3019.

The Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR), housed in the NPRC Annex, closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. 

For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .

We hope this update is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet