4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2021 11:23 AM by Shannon Kerner

    Seeking military records of Roger Currier

    Sean Currier Newbie

      Hello, I’m seeking military records on my grandfather, Roger Currier, who was born on 1-10-26. He fought in the Philippines.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

        • Re: Seeking military records of Roger Currier
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Here is some information below. Do you know what unit he served during the war?


          Name:Roger W Currier
          Name (Original):CURRIER ROGER W
          Event Type:Military Service
          Event Date:11 Dec 1944
          Term of Enlistment:Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
          Event Place:Portland, Maine, United States
          Citizenship Status:citizen
          Birth Year:1926
          Education Level:1 year of high school
          Civilian Occupation:General farmers
          Marital Status:Single, without dependents
          Military Rank:Private
          Army Branch:No branch assignment
          Army Component:Selectees (Enlisted Men)
          Source Reference:Civil Life
          Serial Number:31473067
          Affiliate ARC Identifier:1263923
          Box Film Number:04463.168




          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking military records of Roger Currier
            Shannon Kerner Adventurer

            Dear Mr. Currier,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces and who were separated from the service prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!