1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2021 12:23 PM by Jillian Minerva

How can I obtain my military medical records?

jeff husers Newbie

How can I obtain my military medical records?

• Re: How can I obtain my military medical records?
          Jillian Minerva Newbie

Dear Mr. Husers,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Individual medical reports of veterans who left the Army (prior to October 16, 1992), Air Force (prior to May 1994), Navy (prior to January 31, 1994), or Marine Corps (prior to May 1994) are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis.  Please complete a NA Form 13042 and mail it to the National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for  updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.

For medical records of veterans who left the Army (after October 15, 1992), Air Force (after April 30, 1994), Navy (after January 31, 1994) or the Marine Corps (after April 30, 1994) and prior to 2014 should contact the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Records Management Center (VARMC), 4300 Goodfellow Blvd. Bldg# 104, St. Louis, MO 63120. Please write or call them. The telephone number is 1-888-533-4558. See https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/medical-records.html and/or https://benefits.va.gov/benefits/ for more information.

For medical records of veterans who left the Army after 2013 should contact the AMEDD Records Processing Center, 3370 Nacogdoches Road, Suite 116, San Antonio, TX 78217.

For medical records of veterans who left the Air Force after 2013 or enlisted National Guard not on active duty should contact the AF STR Processing Center, ATTN: Release of Information, 3370 Nacogdoches Road, Suite 116, San Antonio, TX 78217.

For medical records of veterans who left the Navy or the Marine Corps after 2013 should contact the Navy Medicine Records Activity (NMRA), BUMED Detachment St. Louis, 4300 Goodfellow Boulevard, Building 103, St. Louis, MO 63120.

We hope this is helpful.