1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2021 1:04 PM by Thomas Richardson

Seeking Military Records for Marisol Aponte

Marisol Dixon Newbie

I lost my Navy Discharge papers and want to know how I can obtain a copy of my records. I enlisted in 1989 with the U.S. Navy and was stationed in Orlando FL. I  received a Medical discharge.

• Re: Seeking Military Records for Marisol Aponte
          Thomas Richardson Navigator

Dear Ms. Dixon,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1958 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions.. For more information see Request Military Service Records.

Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of enlisted personnel and officers of the U.S. Navy who were separated from the service after 1995 are located at the Navy Personnel Command (PERS-313), 5720 Integrity Drive, Millington, TN 38055-3130. Please submit a SF-180 to Navy Personnel Command. For telephone numbers, see the Navy's How to Request Navy OMPF Records and for more information, please review the Navy's webpage: Ordering and Reviewing Your OMPF. They also are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope this is helpful.