1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2021 3:31 PM by Shannon Kerner

    Seeking military records of Anne MacLagan

    Jeneanne Murphy Newbie

      I am seeking information about US Wave Anne MacLagan. She enlisted sometime about 1956-1957.  She lived in Bellwood, Illinois at the time of enlistment and she was born in 1940, I believe.  Thank you

        • Re: Seeking military records of Anne MacLagan
          Shannon Kerner Adventurer

          Dear Ms. Murphy,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of her Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports of officers of the U.S. Navy (including WAVES) who were separated from service after 1902 and prior to January 31, 1994 are located at  NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin for records after 1958.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!