6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2021 6:29 PM by Shelley Ramirez

Seeking military records of Seth Sprague

Shelley Ramirez Newbie

I am seeking Military or Other Related Civil War Records for Seth Sprague who was Acting Assistant Surgeon at Armory Square Hospital. I have hit a brick wall and am looking for either Military records or other records that would confirm my 4th great uncle (Seth Sprague's) medical service during the Civil War. The only record I have been able to locate that substantiates the reference to his service in his obituary ("He entered the army as a surgeon in 1862 and was stationed in one of the hospitals in Washington until the close of the war.") was an image https://www.fold3.com/image/300565644.  The publication title:  Letters Received by the Office of the Adjutant General, Main Series, 1861-1870, This record is signed with his name, Seth Sprague, Acting Assistant Surgeon, Armory Square Hospital, and dated Nov. 13, 1862. I have been unable to locate him in any service records related to the war. Any ideas on where I should continue to look? He resided in Greenville, Montcalm County, Michigan at the time he entered the war.