4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2021 1:22 PM by STACY CROUSHORN

Seeking statistics from Camp Wolters

STACY CROUSHORN Newbie

I need statistics from Camp Wolters (1941-1946). Does anyone know how I can get that information (how many went through the camp, etc.)?

• Re: Seeking statistics from Camp Wolters
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Ms. Croushorn,

Thank you for posting your request to the History Hub!

We checked the National Archives Catalog and located 2 series & 102 file units in various record groups that pertain to Camp Wolters during the 1940s. Some of the records have been digitized and are available via the Catalog. For the non-digitized records, please contact the reference unit listed in each description.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from various NARA reference units. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

STACY CROUSHORN Newbie

Thank you so much.  How do I access the online materials? I clicked on the title of one of the files and it just gave me file numbers and such. Sorry to be so incompetent, I can usually figure these things out.

Stacy

Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Ms. Croushorn,

Thank you for posting your follow-up request on History Hub!

We conducted a global search for “Camp Wolters” in the National Archives Catalog and all of the records located contain that phrase but may not be specifically what you seek.

If you clicked on the link provided, then on “Archival Descriptions with Digital Objects” located near the top left side of the Catalog page, it will provide you with all the digitized records. Some are indexes to other records and some are the records themselves. The title of the file should indicate what it is. If it is an index card, please look at the description for the series to determine what information you need to locate the records it indexes.  If the records are digitized microfilm, when you click on the thumbnail or the hyperlinked title, the microfilm will appear and there should be an image number(s) in green to the left of the image indicating that the search phrase is located on that page/image.

We hope this is helpful.