3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2021 7:44 AM by Brent Martin

Seeking information about Willis family who lived & worked on Brooks Farm

Eugenia Alexander Newbie

I am seeking information of workers and families that lived and worked on the Brooks Farm in Mississippi during 1920s-1940s. I am specifically looking to see if there was a family by the name of Joseph (Joe) Willis and Eugenia (Price) Willis.

• Re: Seeking information about Willis family who lived & worked on Brooks Farm
          Brent Martin Wayfarer

Hi Eugenia,

Providing a bit more information will make it easier to offer suggestions. It is helpful to know approximately what year these people were born. What state were they born in? What county is the Brooks Farm located? It might be useful to indicate their race as the closest matches I've found are African-American. Names of a child or 2 can be very useful in locating the correct family.

If you have already searched on platforms such as FamilySearch, it is helpful to know specifically what you are searching for.

Sincerely, Brent

• Re: Seeking information about Willis family who lived & worked on Brooks Farm
            Eugenia Alexander Newbie

I’m not sure what year he was born but I do know his wife’s name was Eugenia (price) Willis. They were African American. Children Alberta Willis and Dorothy Mae Willis(Gilbert) (she was born in 1933). I do believe he was born in Rolling Fork Mississippi, both him and his wife were from there and my great aunt Dorothy and great grandmother Alberta were born there. I think Joseph and Eugenia both moved them and their family to East St. Louis IL in 1941. I’m not sure if he worked and lived on the brooks farm community but I do know that he was a farmer. He was a share cropper/farmer. I do hope that this information helps.