2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2021 8:58 AM by Lisha Penn

    Seeking any information about Junior/John Fay Harris

    Stella Harris Newbie

      I’m seeking any information on my father. His given name is Junior Fay Harris but his name was changed to John Fay Harris in 1965.  I need  information on his service time while he was in Stuttgart, Germany. Also records about my birth in Stuttgart, Germany on 04/19/1964 and why I have a two certificates of birth - one USA and one German.

        • Re: Seeking any information about Junior/John Fay Harris
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Is this your father? or is this your father these look like father son?



          Name:John Fay Harris
          Death Age:64
          Birth Date:8 Feb 1929
          Service Start Date:28 Sep 1950
          Service End Date:31 Jul 1971
          Death Date:12 Jun 1993
          Internment Date:15 Jun 1993
          Internment Place:Arkansas, USA
          Cemetery Address:522 Garland Avenue and South 6th St Fort Smith, AR 72901
          Cemetery:Ft. Smith National Cemetery
          Plot:Section 15 Site 1060
          Notes:Sfc Us Army Korea



          Name:John Fay Harris
          Death Age:66
          Birth Date:26 Jun 1947
          Death Date:16 Sep 2013
          Internment Place:Elwood, Illinois, USA
          Cemetery Address:20953 West Hoff Road
          Cemetery Postal Code:60421
          Cemetery:Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery
          Branch of Service:US Army
          Relative:John Fay Harris
          Comments:Veteran (Self)
          • Re: Seeking any information about Junior/John Fay Harris
            Lisha Penn Pioneer

            Dear Ms. Harris,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            Your two birth certificates are in English and German because you were born to your military serviceman father while he was stationed in Germany. For records relating to births after 1938, marriages after 1949, and deaths after 1974 of American citizens in a foreign country, please contact the Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!