4 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2021 7:22 PM by Terry Worley

Seeking family of Jack Edward Worley

Diana Kropf Newbie

I am trying to locate the family of Jack Edward Worley who was KIA on August 27, 1951 in Korean War. I have something that needs to be returned to his family. Thank you

• Re: Seeking family of Jack Edward Worley
          Elliot Schneider Ranger

Hello Mrs. Kropf,

Here is some information for you in hopes you can find his relatives. The person who applied for the headstone is Thomas Worley his father. Please look at Find a grave link I sent you looks like all his siblings have passed and are deceased. Jack Worley may have never been married so he may have no children. Jack Worley had several siblings which you will find in the link which are all deceased like I mentioned.

However, it looks like last sibling recently passed in 2018 if you click on his information from the website Donald Worley his brother mentions his obituary. Here is some of his grandchildren listed below. Maybe you could give the item to one of them.

Survivors to Donald Worley are a grandson, Matthew (Melissa) Evans, of Connersville; a granddaughter, Laurie (Chris) Gardner, of Suffolk, VA; a son in law, Gary Evans, of Thomasville, NC; seven great-grandchildren, Alexandra Clements, Chase Gardner, Thomas Gardner, Emily Gardner, Katelyn Evans, Abigail Evans, and Amelia Evans; a nephew, Robert Dice, several cousins; a step-daughter, Jayne (Howard) Vaughn, of Connersville; a step-son, Charles (Judy) Groce; a step-son, Bill Groce; and many great step-grandchildren.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/132495358/jack-edward-worley

1940 census:

Household Members Age Relationship

Thomas Worley44Head

Gertrde Worley33Wife

Donald Worley18Son

Margaret Bishop13Stepdaughter

Jack Worley11Son

Rita Worley10Daughter

Hope this helps,

Elliot Schneider

1 person found this helpful
              Diana Kropf Newbie

Hello Mr. Elliot,

Thank you so very much for your reply. This information should, with luck, give me the leads I need. I am looking forward to getting this priceless item back to PFC Worley's family.

Should I not be able to locate anyone I will contact the Korean Veterans Memorial for further guidance. Maybe they can help.

I am really excited to have found this site, by accident even. Might utilize it to clarify other untruths my deceased father told me about his time in Korea.

Wishing you and yours a new year filled with health, happiness and safety. Take care of yourself and be safe out there in this crazy time we're living in. Thank you again for your help.

Sincerely,

Diana Kropf

Shannon Kerner Adventurer

Dear Ms. Kropf,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The information you seek may be contained in his Individual Deceased Personnel File (IDPF). For the IDPFs from 1940-1976 of personnel with surnames that begin with M-Z, please write to U.S. Army Human Resources Command, Casualty & Memorial Affairs Operations Division, ATTN: AHRC-PDC, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 450, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5405. They are being scanned by the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency in order to properly identify remains of those still listed as missing.

The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) does not provide services to locate living individuals.  The records in the custody of NARA were typically transferred from other Federal agencies at least 20-30 years after they were created and used.  Therefore, NARA records are not usually helpful in providing current information about individuals. Please review NARA’s Locating Veterans and Service Members web pages for some ideas.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

Terry Worley Newbie

My great uncle was Tom Worley, father of Jack E Worley. He was my cousin killed in Korea. All of Jack's family is deceased.