2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2021 11:47 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking military records of Eual Cathey


      I am looking for U.S. Army records of Eual Arthur Cathey (Service Number 02 210 326)

        • Re: Seeking military records of Eual Cathey
          Elliot Schneider Guide



          please copy and paste into your web browser is this who you are seeking? Not sure because service numbers do not match. Please provide additional information?




          Name:Eual A Cathey
          Death Age:33
          Birth Date:13 Aug 1924
          Service Start Date:1 Sep 1951
          Service End Date:2 Oct 1957
          Death Date:2 Oct 1957
          Internment Date:23 Oct 1957
          Internment Place:Oklahoma, USA
          Cemetery Address:1423 Cemetery Road Fort Gibson, OK 74434
          Cemetery:Ft. Gibson National Cemetery
          Plot:Section 5 Site 3076
          Notes:Captain Us Army Korea







          1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking military records of Eual Cathey
            Jason Atkinson Guide

            Dear Mr. Cathey,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army from approximately World War I through September 30, 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. If there is any information requested by the form that you do not know, you may omit it or provide estimates (such as for dates), but the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the correct file if it survived the fire. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions.


            Military personnel records are completely opened to the public 62 years after the veteran leaves the military. If less than 62 years have passed since the veteran’s discharge date (to include any reserve time), certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records and Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Holdings.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!