2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2020 10:57 AM by Joseph North

Seeking immigration information Henry & Mary North

Joseph North Newbie

I am trying to find immigration for the arrival around 1864-1866 (probably 1866) of  my Irish descendants, Henry W North, his wife, Mary (maiden name Boulger), his son, William, and his daughter, Anna.  My own searches have not been fruitful. Thanks

• Re: Seeking immigration information Henry & Mary North
          Cara Jensen Tracker

Dear Mr. North,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We suggest that you review these Genealogy: Passenger Arrival List Research Tips  and NARA’s page on Immigration Records for suggestions on how to locate immigration information for Henry W. and Mary North.  There are numerous ways that individuals could enter the United States from Europe such as on a ship that arrived at various coastal ports or over land from Canada, etc. Ship passenger arrival lists were a requirement beginning in 1820, but that does not guarantee that person was recorded or that the list still exists. Many of the passenger lists have been digitized and are name-searchable online using Ancestry and FamilySearch.  There may be a fee for using Ancestry. Instead, you may wish to contact your local library. Many library systems subscribe to these sites, making them free for patrons.

We also suggest that you review the FamilySearch research wiki on Ireland Emigration and Immigration.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!