2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2020 12:48 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking a DD-256 & DD-214

    sam maranto Newbie

      Where can I get a DD-256 and a DD-214 now that the NPRC is closed?

        • Re: Seeking a DD-256 & DD-214
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          You can try requesting VA records if you ever received treatment. Additionally you can try contacting the state veterans service office in where you live., as well as the local county clerks office, and county veterans service office. Depending when you got out you might have recorded with them.





          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking a DD-256 & DD-214
            Jason Atkinson Ranger

            Dear Mr. Maranto,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            Modern service records for veterans who separated after September 30, 2002 (Army); after September 30, 2004 (Air Force); after 1994 (Navy); and after 1998 (Marine Corps) are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


            We hope this is helpful.