1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2020 11:34 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking information about Capt George Creach

    Jesus Manjarrez Newbie

      I am looking for records about Captain George C. Creach who served in the Army and was stationed at Fort Polk, Louisiana.

        • Re: Seeking information about Capt George Creach
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Manjarrez,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for officers of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after June 1917 and prior to September 30, 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. If there is anything requested by the form which you do not know, you may omit the information or provide estimates (such as for dates), however the more information you provide, the easier it will be to locate the file if it survived the fire. If the veteran separated less than 62 years ago (to include reserve time) certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this information is helpful. Best of luck with your research!