2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2020 3:23 PM by S Bischof

    Seeking files of civilian employees US military

    S Bischof Newbie

      Good afternoon, how can I search for files on civilian employees of the US forces in Berlin during the 1970s? Thank you!

        • Re: Seeking files of civilian employees US military
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Bischof,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of their Official Personnel File (OPF). OPFs and medical information for individuals who worked for the U.S. government in a civilian capacity since 1952 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center. Written requests may be mailed to National Personnel Records Center Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. Please include the full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of the employing Federal agency, and beginning and ending dates of Federal service. Certain information in the OPF may not be available to the general public without the written consent of the individual. For more information, please check their website at https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival.


          NARA closed the Civilian Personnel Records Center (CPR) in Valmeyer, IL, until further notice. The local jurisdiction where CPR is located (Monroe County, IL) reported public health metrics that exceeded NARA’s targets for safe operation of our facilities. CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!



          Holly Rivet