1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 21, 2020 3:35 PM by Shannon Kerner

Seeking after action report of 521st Signal Company

Larry Gordon Newbie

I was in Vietnam when it fell. I served as part of 3rd Platoon, 521st Signal Company, 11th Signal Brigade from Ft Huachuca, AZ. I have 9 pages of the 10 page After Action Report for 1975. I am seeking the missing page for my records.

• Re: Seeking after action report of 521st Signal Company
          Shannon Kerner Adventurer

Dear Mr. Gordon,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located Signal Unit Records, ca. 1965 - ca. 1973 in the Records of the U.S. Forces in Southeast Asia (Record Group 472) that includes  Organizational Histories of the 521st Signal Company from 1945 through 1973 in Box 362A. For access to these records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We were unable to locate after action reports of the 521st or the 11th Signal Brigade for 1975. Please provide an image of the first page of the report you seek in order for us to assist you better.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!