3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2020 3:19 PM by Cara Jensen

    Seeking information about Andrew Cara

    Catherine Cara Newbie

      I was 2 yrs old when he passed away and mom didn't tell me much about Andrew J. Cara. I think he passed away in Chicago, Illinois on Aug 27,1968

        • Re: Seeking information about Andrew Cara
          Catherine Cara Newbie

          Yes all I know is he was both in France and dad went to war and came he to the usa Chicago Illinois I was told he died 08/27/1968 any all infor about him would be really nice

          • Re: Seeking information about Andrew Cara
            Cara Jensen Tracker

            Dear Ms. Cara,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            If Andrew Cara served in the U.S. Military, we suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men and officers of the U.S. Armed Forces who were separated from the service prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where Army and Army Air Corps personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps records were not affected by the fire. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!