1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2020 9:35 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking military records of dad

    Debra Klemann Newbie

      How can I get a copy of my Dad's Navy military records now? He has been passed away now, can you help me out with this please?

        • Re: Seeking military records of dad
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Ms. Klemann,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful.