2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2020 7:58 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking my Military records


      How can I receive all my military records when the NPRC is closed?

        • Re: Seeking my Military records
          Elliot Schneider Guide



          NPRC is only processing "Emergency Requests" for thins like burials, education, and home loans. However, depending on when you served you may try and contact your local County Recorders Office to see if you ever had your discharge papers recorded with them. You could also try contacting the VA locally if you ever were seen they may have something in your files, but would need to probably fill out a VA standard form for release of records. Also you could try reaching out to your States Veterans Service Office in the state you live.


          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking my Military records
            Jason Atkinson Guide

            Dear Mr. Corrao,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            Modern service records for veterans who separated after September 30, 2002 (Army); after September 30, 2004 (Air Force); after 1994 (Navy); and after 1998 (Marine Corps) are available in electronic format via https://milconnect.dmdc.osd.mil/milconnect/.


            We hope this is helpful.