2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2020 2:37 PM by Kaelyn Deeter

Seeking Criminal Case Files for Richard Merrill & Bert Merrill

Kaelyn Deeter Newbie

I’ve been in contact with the courthouse in Nome, Alaska and they confirmed these cases are located at the National Archives. I am hoping someone may help me get copies! I am seeking M1969 - CRIMINAL CASE FILES OF THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT FOR THE DISTRICT AND TERRITORY OF ALASKA, SECOND DIVISION (NOME), 1900–1955, especially Case 1213 in 1933 for Richard B. Merrill on Roll 43 (approximately 23 pages) and Case 1268 in 1937 for Bert Merrill on Roll 44 (approximately 15 pages). Thank you!!

• Re: Seeking Criminal Case Files for Richard Merrill & Bert Merrill
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

Dear Ms. Deeter,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Microfilm Publication M1969 is located at the National Archives in Washington. Under normal circumstances, it would be possible for you or your representative to view this microfilm publication in the research room and to print images of individual pages for a copy fee.  Also, there would be an option to order a digital reproduction of one or more rolls of the publication, for a fee, using the Records Reproduction and Microfilm Catalog.

However, as a public health precaution, due to COVID-19 all National Archives research rooms nationwide are closed to the public until further notice. The National Archives and Records Administration has also suspended microfilm reproduction and digitization services until further notice due to COVID-19. We apologize for any inconvenience. For the latest information on NARA’s operating status in regards to the current pandemic, see https://www.archives.gov/coronavirus.

We also located a listing for the M1969 in WorldCat, which indicates that copies are available at the Alaska State Library and the University of Alaska Fairbanks Elmer E. Rasmuson Library.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful