1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2020 12:39 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking members of 4/3rd Field Artillery

    John Sherwood Newbie

      I am looking for soldiers who were stationed with me in HHB, 4/3rd Field Artillery, 2nd Armored Division (Forward) in Garlstaedt, Germany in the First Platoon between 1987 and 1990. I had an accident during PT playing Flag Football with another soldier. There seems to be no record of in my Medical files. I need help with someone there who remembers. My name is John Sherwood and I went from PV1 through SPC during the time that I was stationed there. It was an accident during a field problem either at Munster, Graf or Hohenfels. I don't remember which.

        • Re: Seeking members of 4/3rd Field Artillery
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Sherwood,

          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          In October 1974, the Army Standard Installation Division Personnel System (SIDPERS) included Personnel Data Cards (PDC) that replaced Morning Reports and Zero Strength Balance Reports (ZSBR) that replaced rosters. A SIDPERS contains information on the service member during the entire period of time assigned to an organization, regardless of length of time. It also includes information about TDY, AWOL, DEF, gains, losses, promotions, reductions. SIDPERS was discontinued on November 21, 1990. For a copy of a SIDPERS record, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and it mail to NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Please include the individual's name, Social Security Number, complete organization and location, and the date the individual left the unit.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC is closed except for emergencies. Currently, NPRC will continue servicing requests ONLY associated with medical treatments, burials, and homeless veterans seeking admittance to a homeless shelter. If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. Please refrain from submitting non-emergency requests such as replacement medals, administrative corrections, or records research until NPRC returns to pre-COVID staffing levels. Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          If there was an accident report filed, it may be with the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (USACRC), which is the repository and release authority for Army safety accident reports prepared in accordance with Department of the Army Pamphlet 385-40, Army Accident Investigation and Reporting, and Army Regulation 385-10, the Army Safety Program. The USACRC Commander has been delegated authority to act as the Initial Denial Authority (IDA) on requests for information from Army safety accident reports. Records will be made available consistent with applicable laws and regulations. FOIA requests to the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (USACRC) may be submitted in writing, by fax, e-mail or electronic form by contacting the USACRC FOIA office in the U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center, ATTN: CSSC-SS (FOIA), 4905 Ruf Avenue, Fort Rucker, AL 36362-5363. The email address is usarmy.rucker.hqda-secarmy.mbx.safe-foia@mail.milPlease clearly mark the mailing envelope, fax, or email “Freedom of Information Act Request.”


          The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) does not provide services to locate living individuals.  The records in the custody of NARA were typically transferred from other Federal agencies at least 20-30 years after they were created and used.  Therefore, NARA records are not usually helpful in providing current information about individuals. Please review NARA’s Locating Veterans and Service Members web pages for some ideas.


          We hope this is helpful.