1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 7, 2020 1:54 PM by Susannah Brooks

Seeking passport application & photograph for father-in-law

Kathy Radkoff Newbie

How do I request a copy of Application and Photograph for Passport Issued in 1927? My father-in-law, who is now deceased, was issued a passport in July 1927 when he was 7 years old in order to travel to Bulgaria with his mother to visit family there. I have found a ship manifest record on Ancestry.com which includes information regarding his return to the USA with his mother in March 1928. His passport number and the date it was issued in Washington DC is included on the list. It would be wonderful for genealogical purposes for his family to be able to have a copy of the passport application, since it might reveal more information about his parents and their birthplaces in Bulgaria. Because he was orphaned as a teenager, little is known about either of his parents. It would be especially wonderful if we could obtain a digital copy of his passport photograph, as no photographs exist of my father-in-law as a young child. Is it possible to obtain these records, and if so, how should I go about doing it? Many thanks.