1 person found this helpful
Welcome to History Hub
Found the following online about a Nazi escape incident involving Eric B Hotelling
- Camp Hale Soldier Caught With 2 Escaped Nazis - February 20, 1944
- Escaped Germans To Be Returned To Camp Hale -February 22, 1944
- Sensational Story Of Treason Unfolds - March 7, 1944
- Details of WAC-Nazi Notes Are Withheld - March 10, 1944
- 8 Camp Hale Soldiers Held In Nazi Escapes -March 10, 1944
- Six Involved in Scandal at Hale Named -March 11, 1944
- Soldier Held at Camp Hale Was Investigated by Dies - March 12, 1944
- Sergeant at Hale Cleared of Guilt by Court-Martial - April 3, 1944
- Camp Hale Soldier Cleared OF Dealing With Prisoners - April 4, 1944
- Camp Hale Soldier Gets Life - December 8, 1944
Dear Mr. Sonn,
Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!
We searched the National Archives Catalog and located a series titled the Intelligence and Investigative Dossiers Personal Files in the Records of the Army Staff (Record Group 319) that contain 2 file units relating to Eric Bell Hotelling. We also located 69 series related to reports in the Office of Naval Intelligence from 1950-1979 in the Records of the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations,(Record Group 38) that may contain information about Eric Bell Hotelling. For access to these non-digitized records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.
We also suggest that you request a search for records of the Federal Bureau of Investigation for Eric Bell Hotelling. For instructions, please visit their website at Requesting FBI Records. If the case file has been transferred to the U.S. National Archives, the FBI will provide you with the file number necessary to request the file from the Archives.
We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!