1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 27, 2020 9:13 AM by Shannon Kerner Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

    Seeking military records for James Harris

    Luke Sowieralski Adventurer

      Hello, my cousin, James Phillip Harris, was wounded in action during the Vietnam war. He served in the USMC, He was born on September 25, 1947 and was from Renton, Washington.

        • Re: Seeking military records for James Harris

          Dear Mr. Sowieralski,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1958 and prior to May 1994 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NRPC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the NPRC closed again as of November 7, 2020 until further notice. NPRC will respond only to requests involving burials, medical emergencies, and homeless veterans.  If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines or emergency requests may be faxed to (314) 801-0764.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!