1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2020 4:41 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Are wallet-size copies of DD-214s available?

    Kenneth Willis Newbie

      I would like to replace a wallet-size copy of my military service record.  Are they still available?

        • Re: Are wallet-size copies of DD-214s available?
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

          Dear Mr. Willis,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The DD Form 217 (wallet-sized copies) are no longer issued by the Department of Defense or Department of Veterans Affairs. If you need a replacement copy of your DD Form 214, we suggest that you refer to the GSA Standard Form 180 chart of agencies that have custody of military records on page three. When you have determined who has the file you are seeking, please complete the form and mail it to the corresponding agency.  Alternatively, veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Non-Archival Holdings.


          Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the NPRC closed again as of November 7, 2020 until further notice. NPRC will respond only to requests involving burials, medical emergencies, and homeless veterans.  If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines or emergency requests may be faxed to (314) 801-0764.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful.