2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2020 12:24 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking military service records of Clesson Williams

    Peter David Maund Newbie

      i wish to find the military service records of my late father in-law, Clesson Williams

        • Re: Seeking military service records of Clesson Williams
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Do you have any additional information pertaining to your father in-law. Date of birth place of birth?






          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking military service records of Clesson Williams
            Jason Atkinson Ranger

            Dear Mr. Maund,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). The location of his OMPF will depend on his branch of service and his date of separation.  Please see Locations of Service Records for details. If the chart indicates that his records should be with the National Personnel Records Center, please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. Next of kin must provide proof of death to request the full record.  In many cases where Army and Air Force personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Navy and Marine Corps OMPFs were not affected by the fire. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


            Due to the coronavirus public health emergency, the NPRC is closing again as of November 7, 2020 until further notice. NPRC will respond only to requests involving burials, medical emergencies, and homeless veterans.  If your request is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines or emergency requests may be faxed to (314) 801-0764.  Please check archives.gov/veterans for updates to the NPRC operating hours and status. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            If the Locations of Service Records chart indicates that his records should still be with his branch of service, please submit the GSA Standard Form 180 to the listed contact.


            We hope this is helpful.