1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2020 1:53 PM by Jason Atkinson

How can I get a copy of a film from the archives?

How can I get a copy of a film from the archives?

• Re: How can I get a copy of a film from the archives?
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

Dear Mr. Agafonov,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Please review Order Copies of Motion Pictures, Sound Recordings, and Videotapes for information about requesting copies of films. For additional information, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Motion Pictures (RDSM) at mopix@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDSM. Also, NARA has suspended non-emergency reproduction and digitization services until further notice. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Some motion picture records in National Archives custody have been digitized and may be viewed and downloaded using the National Archives Catalog. Please see Using the Catalog for instructions.  A smaller number of films are available through the various National Archives YouTube channels.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!