1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 3, 2020 1:54 PM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking records of Thomas Astone


      I am seeking the rank and any records of my uncle,Thomas Astone, who was in the US Coast Guard. Thank you!

        • Re: Seeking records of Thomas Astone
          Jason Atkinson Guide

          Dear Ms. DeLuca,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The medical records and Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) of the personnel of the U.S. Coast Guard who were separated from service after 1897 and prior to April 1999 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If there is any information requested that you do not know, you may leave it blank or provide estimates, however the more details you provide, the easier it will be for NPRC staff to locate the correct file.  For records of veterans who separated from service after 1958, certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. On October 5, NPRC entered Phase Two. The center currently is only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!