4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2020 7:09 AM by Jerri Mazzetti

Seeking clearer copy of Marriage Card for Felicidad Calac

Jerri Mazzetti Newbie

I have a copy of a Marriage Card from the Missision Indian Files for Felicidad Calac, whom was married to Jose Cabrillas. It was acquired from the National Archives at Laguna Niguel many years ago.  I'm seeking a better copy as the one I have has black lines down it. I have reason to believe that there is a copy at the National Archives at Washington D.C. that I'm hoping is not so distorted, as I have received copies of another document that was in much better condition. Due to the Covid requirements, how do I proceed to order a copy?

• Re: Seeking clearer copy of Marriage Card for Felicidad Calac
          Cara Jensen Scout

Dear Ms. Mazzetti,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located a series titled the Records of the Special Allotting Agent, 1916 - 1929 in the Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs (Record Group 75) that may include the Marriage Card for Felicidad Calac.  For a copy of this record, please contact the National Archives at Riverside (RW-RS) via email at riverside.archives@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RW-RS. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

[Information provided by Cody White, Subject Matter Expert]

• Re: Seeking clearer copy of Marriage Card for Felicidad Calac
            Jerri Mazzetti Newbie

Thank you for responding to my question regarding the Marriage Card of my Great Grandparents.  But I think you misunderstood my question.  I have the copy that your are directing me to in Perris Riverside.  It's not really completely readable. What I wanted to know: Is there a copy of this record at the National Achieves in Washington DC. and if yes, how can I go about getting a copy from Washington DC.