1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2020 10:51 AM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking my father's USMC service records


      I am looking for my father's military service records from August 16 1950. I just ran across his Marine Corps issued Bible with his Military ID Number in it.  Can you help me please?

        • Re: Seeking my father's USMC service records
          Thomas Richardson Navigator

          Dear Ms. Forrest,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1904 and prior to 1958 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests. When filling out your request, please provide as much information as possible on the veteran; including name, date of birth, branch of service, rank, dates of service, and service number.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!