1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2020 1:41 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking Army Reserve Unit Attendance Records

    Elliot Schneider Pioneer

      Hello,  the Army Reserve Unit Attendance Records according to the SF 115 and the link provided below indicate that they have transferred some of these records to the NPRC, It also states they would retire these records after 50 years to NPRC as well. My question is would these records be in the form of microfilm just like the Unit rosters and morning reports? If so can I request these records utilizing the SF-180 and put in the "Other" section looking for Reserve Unit Attendance files, and additionally any unit information. Please see link https://www.archives.gov/files/records-mgmt/rcs/schedules/departments/department-of-defense/department-of-the-army/rg-au… Thanks

        • Re: Seeking Army Reserve Unit Attendance Records
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Schneider,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The SF115 you refer to was created in 1978.  According to this 1979 NARA SF115, the records are cut off annually and transferred to the US Army Reserve Components Personnel and Administration Center after one year. The name of the organization has changed since then. There is no indication on either SF-115 that these records were microfilmed.


          We suggest contacting the Army Human Resources Command.  This link will take you to a page that denotes the DA 1379 (included in the Reserve Unit Attendance Files) and includes a phone number, email address, and mailing address for AHRC. 


          We hope this information is helpful.



          Holly Rivet