4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2020 8:54 AM by Elliot Schneider

Seeking Army Reserve Unit Attendance Records

Elliot Schneider Ranger

Hello,  the Army Reserve Unit Attendance Records according to the SF 115 and the link provided below indicate that they have transferred some of these records to the NPRC, It also states they would retire these records after 50 years to NPRC as well. My question is would these records be in the form of microfilm just like the Unit rosters and morning reports? If so can I request these records utilizing the SF-180 and put in the "Other" section looking for Reserve Unit Attendance files, and additionally any unit information. Please see link https://www.archives.gov/files/records-mgmt/rcs/schedules/departments/department-of-defense/department-of-the-army/rg-au… Thanks

• Re: Seeking Army Reserve Unit Attendance Records
          Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Mr. Schneider,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The SF115 you refer to was created in 1978.  According to this 1979 NARA SF115, the records are cut off annually and transferred to the US Army Reserve Components Personnel and Administration Center after one year. The name of the organization has changed since then. There is no indication on either SF-115 that these records were microfilmed.

We suggest contacting the Army Human Resources Command.  This link will take you to a page that denotes the DA 1379 (included in the Reserve Unit Attendance Files) and includes a phone number, email address, and mailing address for AHRC. 

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet

1 person found this helpful
              Elliot Schneider Ranger

I'm so confused now. I cited 1978 SF-115 and you cited the 1979 SF-115. In both cases the 1978 says retire to RCPAC and the 1979 says retire to the RCPAC. The only difference is the one from 1978 says cut-off annually and transfer to the RCPAC and if you look the last line line in the 1978 SF-115 it says retire to the NPRC after 50 years. So there is some confusion are you able to verify with your colleagues from St. Louis? Thanks

Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Schneider,

Thank you for posting your follow-up request on History Hub!

The 1979 SF-115 is a request to change the disposition of the records as stated in the 1978 SF-115. The Army no longer wanted to retire the records to the NPRC after 50 years. Instead the Army wanted to retire the records to the RCPAC. The request was approved. For any more questions about these records, please contact the Army Human Resources Command as stated in our previous response.

We hope this is helpful.

2 people found this helpful