2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2020 12:46 PM by Maria Payne

Seeking records about General Victoriano Huerta while at Fort Bliss

Maria Payne Newbie

Hello, I work with the historical team at the Fort Bliss Environmental Division. I am searching for information concerning General Huerta's stay at Fort Bliss, Texas.  From the research that I have conducted so far, I learned that he was placed under house arrest at Fort Bliss on July 9, 1915  and remained at the post until around November 4th, 1915.  On December 8, 1915 he was placed under house arrest again at the post and remained at Fort Bliss until December 28, 1915.  While we would appreciate any information regarding General Huerta's stay at Fort Bliss, we are especially interested in acquiring information concerning where General Huerta was living at Fort Bliss and what his accommodations were like.  If you can provide us with any information on this topic or recommend any sources that we should research I would really appreciate it. Thank you

• Re: Seeking records about General Victoriano Huerta while at Fort Bliss
          Daniella Furman Newbie

Dear Ms. Payne,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located 18 series in various record groups that pertain to Fort Bliss, TX from 1910- 1919. We also located 4 series, 65 file units & 7 items in various record groups that relate to Victoriano Huerta during 1910-1919. In addition, we located 79 series in various record groups that include records about Woodrow Wilson during 1910-1919. Some of these records are digitized and are available using the Catalog. For access to the non-digitized records, please contact the reference units listed in the records description.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from various NARA units. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

The Victoriano Huerta papers are located in the Online Archives of California and additional records are available at the Portal to Texas History. The Woodrow Wilson papers have been digitized and are located at the Library of Congress.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful