1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2020 8:35 AM by Rachael Salyer

Seeking access to EWZ Microfilm Publication A3342

Dmitry Fadeev Newbie

Hello! I need to research the information about my relatives:

Zwetzich, Katharina  1894 Friedenberg, Volga  A3342-EWZ50-J051 1536 geb. Herdt

Zwetzich, Olga  27 Feb 1916 Friedenberg, Volga  A3342-EWZ50-J051 1536

Zwetzich, Theodor 1892 Friedenberg, Volga A3342-EWZ50-J051 1536

How do I receive the information about these people? In case I need to submit any form, or make a payment, how do I do so correctly? The only thing I could find at the National Archives page was "Einwandererzentrale. Microfilm Publication A3342, Series EWZ. 7,320 rolls.". Thank you for your answer in advance!

• Re: Seeking access to EWZ Microfilm Publication A3342
          Rachael Salyer Scout

Dear Mr. Fadeev,

Thank you for posting your question on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located the series Records Relating to the Activities of the Einwandererzentralstelle (EWZ), 1946-1994 (Microfilm Publication A3342) in the National Archives Collection of Foreign Records Seized (Record Group 242) that includes the subseries EWZ50. Roll J051 is part of that subseries, and, based on the information you provided, the file including information about the Zwetzich family should begin on frame 1536 of that microfilm roll. These records have not been digitized. For additional information about and access to these microfilmed records, please contact the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) via email at archives2reference@nara.gov.

More information about the Captured German Records may be located on the National Archives website.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!