2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2020 11:03 AM by Holly Rivet

Seeking update on DD-214 request

Harlan Hovind Newbie

After submitting my GSA Standard Form 180, I was instructed to fax a request to NPRC.  On 6/29/20 I received a confirmation number to reference. It has been over 90 days. How do I follow up on the status?

• Re: Seeking update on DD-214 request
          Elliot Schneider Pioneer

Harlan,

They are currently only processing emergency requests for records. The NPRC and NARA have adjusted their operations due to the pandemic. My guess is that your request will need to wait until the resume normal operations. They are also not staffing their phone lines or research rooms.

Hope this helps,

Elliot Schneider

1 person found this helpful
          • Re: Seeking update on DD-214 request
            Holly Rivet Tracker

Dear Mr. Hovind,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request. NPRC's Customer Service Line (314-801-0800) is unstaffed and cannot respond to your calls.  For more information, see NPRC's operating status. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.

Also, the NPRC is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records/emergencies Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience. More information about the National Archives’ response to coronavirus can be found at archives.gov/coronavirus.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Holly Rivet