1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2020 9:43 AM by Jason Atkinson

    Seeking Military records of Weldon Dean Svoboda


      I need to know if Mr. Weldon Dean Svoboda was in the Military, what branch, and for how long. His DOB 06/15/1972

        • Re: Seeking Military records of Weldon Dean Svoboda
          Jason Atkinson Ranger

          Dear Mr. Lopes,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Armed Forces after 1958 and prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. If there is any information requested by the form which you do not know, you may leave it blank or provide estimates. However, the more information you provide, the easier it will be for NPRC to locate the correct file. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!