3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2020 5:00 PM by Holly Rivet

    Seeking Army Reserve Form DA 1379

    Christina Green Newbie

      I am assisting a veteran in determining if he qualifies for an Army Reserve Retirement.  I've received LESs from DFAS, however I'm trying to track down his Army Reserve attendance records.  The form I'm looking for is DA 1379.  This form was used to document duty performance such as weekend drills, active duty for school or annual training.

        • Re: Seeking Army Reserve Form DA 1379
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

          Dear Ms. Green,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          A DA Form 1379 (U.S. Army Reserve Components Unit Record of Reserve Training) may be filed in the veteran’s Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF). OMPFs for those who served in the U.S. Army and the Army Reserves prior to October 2002 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records. 


          Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) for those who served in the U.S. Army and the Army Reserves served since October 2002 are in the custody of the U. S. Army Human Resources Command, ATTN: AHRC-PDR-VIB, 1600 Spearhead Division Avenue, Department 420, Fort Knox, KY 40122-5402. The telephone number is 1-888-276-9472; email address is askhrc.army@us.army.mil; and the web site is www.hrc.army.mil.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!