1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 13, 2020 10:53 AM by Samantha Schireson

Anna Dickinson

Henry Rosenberg Tracker

I have been working in Anna Dickinson since July in the "in progress" section. Each day I start there and have started to notice that after I save and submit, some of the pages I worked on end up back in "in progress". I do not think this is a glitch in the system but someone may be reviewing and then putting it back in "in progress". I think this is counteproductive. If you want to edit a page, edit it and move it along. There will be pages where we do not get every word. If you want to discuss a page feel free to contact me directly. I have corroborated with other transcribers and would be willing to do it again. Sometimes when we batted a page back and forth we had been able to get the words we had trouble with. Of course, I am just a citizen transcriber and would appreciate input from the moderators.

Thanks,

Henry

• Re: Anna Dickinson
          Samantha Schireson Wayfarer

Hi Henry,

Thank you for volunteering to collaborate with other transcribers on difficult pages! You are an excellent resource for those with less experience.

From what I can tell, each transcriber may assume a different standard for "completed". When a fellow user resubmits a page it is not necessarily counter-productive but a continuation of the transcription and review process. Your comment is great reminder not to strive for perfection, but to move along pages with a sufficient transcription in place.

Best,

Sam