2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2020 10:39 AM by Shannon Kerner

Seeking photos of Whitworth Scholfield Ingram

Hamatupu Ete Newbie

I am seeking a photo of a Marine, Whitworth Scholfield Ingram, who was born on 6 Apr 1920 and die in action on 21 November 1944 during WWII. He was my mom's biological father. Thank you in advance.

• Re: Seeking photos of Whitworth Scholfield Ingram
          Alice Lane Tracker

Hi Hamatupu

Welcome to History Hub

I tried finding Whitworth on findagrave.com but could not until I took the L out of Scholfield

Here is his gravesite link. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/56544227/whitworth-schofield-ingram

Alice Lane

Research Volunteer

• Re: Seeking photos of Whitworth Scholfield Ingram
            Shannon Kerner Wayfarer

Dear Hamatupu Ete,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

The "official" photograph of an individual is not considered to be permanent federal records by the respective military services and is not retained in a separate collection by the service. If the photograph you are seeking still exists, it will most likely be found in the individual's Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). However, there is no guarantee the photograph will be present.

We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and medical records of officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Marine Corps who were separated from service after 1904 and prior to 1958 are located at NARA's National Personnel Records Center (NPRC), (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  To request these records, please mail a completed GSA Standard Form 180 to NPRC.  For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.

Navy and Marine Corps casualty records from 1940-1989 are in the custody of the National Archives at St. Louis (RL-SL), P.O. Box 38757, St. Louis, MO 63138-1002. For access to these records, please contact RL-SL via letter or email at stl.archives@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RL-SL. Also, the NPRC is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!