1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 1, 2020 10:19 AM by Jason Atkinson

Seeking Ninth Army Interrogation Centre report

Richard Deveau-Maxwell Newbie

Hi  I am trying to locate the Ninth Army Interrogation Centre report  “SPECIAL REPORT ON INTERROGATION OF GERMAN GENERALS AND GENERAL STAFF OFFICERS”, NAIC/1 dated 13 June 1945." if anyone can advise me, I would be most grateful. Thanks.

• Re: Seeking Ninth Army Interrogation Centre report
          Jason Atkinson Pioneer

Dear Mr. Deveau-Maxwell,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located Prisoner Interrogation Reports, 1944 - 1945 in the Records of Headquarters, European Theater of Operations, United States Army (World War II) (Record Group 498) that includes reports of the Ninth Army Interrogation Center. We also located Administrative Files, 1944 - 1945; Periodic Reports, 10/1944 - 5/1945; Daily Journals, 10/1944 - 6/1945; and Organizational Files, 12/7/1943 - 12/1945 in the Records of U.S. Army Operational, Tactical, and Support Organizations (World War II and Thereafter) (Record Group 338) that include records of the Ninth Army relating to prisoner interrogations. For more information about these records, please email the National Archives at College Park - Textual Reference (RDT2) at Archives2reference@nara.gov.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from RDT2. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!