1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 8, 2020 2:05 PM by Rebecca Collier

    Seeking records of flight to Japan via Vietnam

    Charles Forss Newbie

      Are there any records of my travels through several stops including Vietnam in March or April 1970 while flying to Japan? I am Charles Fredrick Forss and served in the US Army.

        • Re: Seeking records of flight to Japan via Vietnam
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

          Dear Mr. Forss,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The information you seek may be filed in your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). If you have not already done so. we suggest that you request a copy of your OMPF. Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) and individual medical reports for those who served in the U.S. Army after 1958 and prior to October 16, 1992 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful.

          1 person found this helpful