1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 25, 2020 10:13 AM by Holly Rivet Branched from an earlier discussion. Branched to a new discussion.

    Seeking SF-50 for employment


      Per advice given to others,  I am planning on submitting an urgent request to NPRC for a SF-50 to support my application for re-employment by the federal government. Because of the sensitive nature of the information required in this request, I would like to send this in some secure fashion such as the US mail with signature guarantee or UPS with tracking? Is this possible or is the only alternative to using regular US mail or sending it by fax? Thanks

        • Re: Seeking SF-50 for employment

          Dear Mr. Gutman,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The Civilian Personnel Records Center closed on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  As such, there may not be staff available to sign for certified mail at the time of delivery.  Your local post office may be able to add tracking to your letter without the signature requirement.  The CPR does not accept requests by Fax.  Since you are requesting the SF-50 for employment purposes and it is needed immediately, please write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.  Send your letter to: National Personnel Records Center, Annex, 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295. 


          For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .


          We hope this is helpful.



          Holly Rivet


          2 people found this helpful