2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2020 7:46 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking copies of my service medals


      How do I go about obtaining copies of my service medals?

        • Re: Seeking copies of my service medals
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          Can you provide any additional information such as branch of service. This would be helpful to help you address you properly.





          Elliot Schneider

          • Re: Seeking copies of my service medals
            Thomas Richardson Navigator

            Dear Ms. Smith,


            Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


            You may request a set of replacement medals and awards through the National Personnel Records Center. For Air Force (including Army Air Corps), Army, Marine Corps, and Navy personnel, NARA's National Personnel Records Center will verify the awards to which a veteran is entitled and forward the request with the verification to the appropriate service department for issuance of the medals. The National Personnel Records Center does not issue any medals or awards. For requesting medals and awards, please use eVetRecs on NARA’s website at https://www.archives.gov/veterans/evetrecs/ or complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and send it to NARA's Military Personnel Records, National Personnel Records Center, 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  Provide as much information as possible in Section II under "other” and indicate that you are seeking replacement medals.


            Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests associated with medical treatments, burials, homeless veterans, VA Home loan guarantees, and employment opportunities. If this is urgent, please see Emergency Requests and Deadlines. We apologize for any inconvenience.


            We hope this is helpful.