2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2020 5:41 PM by Debra Britt

    Seeking records of Edmund M Britt


      Hello, What information do I need to submit to receive information about my father Edmund M. Britt? I would like his DD-214 records. I was directed to go to this website for help with my request. He entered the service in September 1939. He retired 2-1-1966 from the United States Air Force as a Lieutenant Colonel. FV 562619 is written on the certificate. Thanks in advance for any help,

        • Re: Seeking records of Edmund M Britt
          Elliot Schneider Ranger



          You will need your fathers signature if still living. If this is not an option you will need a birth certificate for yourself and a death certificate. You need to ask for full service members file OMPF, and any 201 files. Here is some information I found.


          Name:Edmund Britt
          Birth Date:5 Jun 1919
          Death Date:4 Nov 1987
          Cause of Death:Natural
          Branch 1:AF
          Enlistment Date 1:16 Sep 1942
          Release Date 1:9 Jan 1946
          Branch 2:AF
          Enlistment Date 2:25 Jun 1952
          Release Date 2:31 Jan 1966




          Currently NPRC is only processing emergency requests. But when things turn around you can request here below.


          NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. Certain information in the records is not available to the general public without the written consent of the veteran or his next of kin. For more information see Request Military Service Records.



          If you want you can try and contact the County Recorder or State Veterans Service Office depending on the state they may have the ability to track down his discharge papers. Many soldiers had their discharge papers recorded at the county level.




          Hope this helps,


          Elliot Schneider

          3 people found this helpful