1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2020 12:30 PM by Thomas Richardson

    Seeking photo of my dad when active with National Guard

    Lisa Niese Newbie

      Hello! Are you able to assist me in locating a picture of my Dad when he was active with the National Guard? Thank you for your time.

        • Re: Seeking photo of my dad when active with National Guard
          Thomas Richardson Tracker

          Dear Ms. Niese,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          For access to personnel records of non-active duty Army National Guard enlisted personnel and officers, please contact the Adjutant General of the appropriate state listed on the National Guard website at https://www.ngaus.org/states-territories/state-association-directory. For personnel information of non-active duty Air National Guard enlisted personnel and officers,  please contact the Air Reserve Personnel Center, Records Management Branch (DPTSC), 18420 E. Silver Creek Avenue, Building 390 MS 68, Buckley Air Force Base, CO 80011.


          The photographs of an individual are not considered to be permanent federal records by the respective military services and are not retained in a separate collection by the service. If the photograph you are seeking still exists, it will most likely be found in the individual's personnel record. However, there is no guarantee the photograph will be present.


          For further information, we suggest that you write to the National Guard Bureau, Office of Information and Privacy (NGB/JA-OIP), 111 South George Mason Drive, AH2, Arlington VA 22204-1373 or email ngb.foia@mail.mil.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!