1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2020 12:12 PM by Holly Rivet

    Need copy of SF-50 & to obtain a signature for current employer


      I wrote to the National Archives, reached out to my former employer and tried Retirement services. I need to prove I worked the years I worked, I was in the CSRS pension and that I do not have a pension.

        • Re: Need copy of SF-50 & to obtain a signature for current employer
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Ms. Happe,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          To obtain a copy of your final SF-50, please write to the National Personnel Records Center, Annex 1411 Boulder Boulevard, Valmeyer, IL 62295.  Briefly explain the purpose of your request, full name used during Federal employment, date of birth, Social Security Number (if applicable), name and location of employing Federal agency, beginning and ending dates of Federal service.  In your contact information, include a complete return mailing address and/or authorized return fax number.  Your request must also be hand signed in cursive and dated. For more information about Civilian requests, please visit https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center/civilian-non-archival


          Please note that the Civilian Personnel Records Center closed again on August 19, 2020 due to unsafe local public health metrics.  CPR will remain closed until local public health conditions improve. During the closure, CPR will maintain minimal staffing levels to support emergency reference requests only.  However, if you are requesting the SF-50 for retirement or employment purposes and it is needed immediately, it is considered high priority.  Write "urgent" on the outside of the envelope to expedite the process.  Be sure to include the reason why you are requesting the document.


          For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0 .


          We hope this is helpful.



          Holly Rivet

          2 people found this helpful