1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2020 3:58 PM by Electronic Records Reference Branch

    Seeking aviation maintenance records


      I am looking for aviation maintenance records from an early program that transferred all handwritten maintenance forms to a computer database.  Specifically I am trying to get a copy of my own records from my time with A Trp 3/6 Cav at Ft. Hood Texas from 1988 to 1991.  Are these records still available? If so, where might I find them?

        • Re: Seeking aviation maintenance records

          Mr. Choules:


          Thank you for your question in the History Hub.  According to our records, the Electronic Records Reference Branch does not have custody of a database pertaining to aircraft maintenance forms.  Regarding your question about your own records and/or records from your unit, we recommend that you contact the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) to request a copy of your Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  You may also wish to contact the US Army directly to see if they are aware of the forms database in which you are interested.


          Please note that due to the coronavirus public health emergency, National Archives research rooms and museums are closed to the public until further notice and the National Personnel Records Center is servicing only urgent requests related to homeless veterans, medical emergencies, and funerals. We suggest waiting until after the health emergency ends to submit your inquiry. The NPRC home page is available at https://www.archives.gov/personnel-records-center.


          We hope you find this information useful. If you have further questions about the electronic records holdings of the National Archives, please do not hesitate to contact us again.  We can be reached via email at cer@nara.gov or by telephone at (301) 837-0470. Our mailing address is: Electronic Records Reference Services, National Archives at College Park, 8601 Adelphi Rd., College Park, MD  20740.




          John LeGloahec

          Archives Specialist

          Electronic Records Reference Branch (RRER)

          National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)