1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2020 4:02 PM by L M

    What do I do about my missing Army records?


      What do I do about my missing Army records? I sent NPRC the filled out Form 180. And NPRC  sent me a letter requesting the information that I’m out on the Form 180.


      I am Army/VietNam and NPRC cannot find my records when I provide them a filled out Form 180. One employer asked for a copy of my DD-214. Nothing I have shows a copy 4. What do I do?


        • Re: What do I do about my missing Army records?
          Holly Rivet Tracker

          Dear Mr. Mugg,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          The National Personnel Records Center may issue a form requesting more information because they were unable to locate a record based on the information submitted to them.  We suggest that you resubmit your request and indicate that you are seeking a copy of your DD-214 for an employment opportunity. Please include as much information as you can such as your Service Number or Draft Registration Number or unit with location and date of separation.


          Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002.  You also may fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin also may use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Request Military Service Records.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020.  As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process.  Status updates for all other requests previously submitted are not available at this time. We expect to restore this service as soon as we are able to resume normal operations at the end of this public health emergency. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities.


          For more information on the NPRC Phased Reopening, please visit https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records-0.


          We hope this is helpful.



          Holly Rivet


          2 people found this helpful