1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 10, 2020 10:20 AM by Rebecca Collier

Seeking records about Peace Corps in Paraguay

Evelio Alegre Meza Newbie

Currently, I am researching the Peace Corps in Paraguay, I am trying to build a history of the organization in my country focusing on international integration through volunteering work. How can I have access to any information the Archives may have about the Peace Corps in Paraguay such as the number of volunteers that went to Paraguay, any institutional video about going to Paraguay, projects, documents, etc? How can I have access to those materials now? Is there a way you can send me anything? Is there any plan for the Archives to help researchers during COVID-19? I have been told the best things about the National Archives and its community so I am really looking forward to your response.

• Re: Seeking records about Peace Corps in Paraguay
          Rebecca Collier Ranger

Dear Mr. Meza,

Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!

We searched the National Archives Catalog and located 4 series, 22 file units & 5 items in the Records of the Peace Corps (Record Group 490) that relate to Paraguay. Please review each one and contact the reference unit listed in the description for access to the non-digitized records.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to guidance received from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), NARA has adjusted its normal operations to balance the need of completing its mission-critical work while also adhering to the recommended social distancing for the safety of NARA staff. As a result of this re-prioritization of activities, you may experience a delay in receiving an initial acknowledgement as well as a substantive response to your reference request from the three NARA units. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and patience.

We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your research!

1 person found this helpful