1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 1, 2020 10:42 AM by Michael J. Hancock

    Seeking records of Leroy/Leeroy Miller


      Hello, I'm seeking any information about my Grandpa. The problem is I don't have much information about him. His name is Leroy Miller or Leeroy Miller. He was stationed in the Kaserne in Lenggries, Bavaria, Germany, till 1955. He left Germany in 1955, one year before my father was born. Maybe one of you knows something. Thanks.

        • Re: Seeking records of Leroy/Leeroy Miller
          Michael J. Hancock Wayfarer

          Dear Mr. Heinrich,


          Thank you for posting your request on History Hub!


          We suggest that you request a copy of his Official Military Personnel File (OMPF). OMPFs and individual medical reports for enlisted men of the U.S. Army who were separated from the service after October 1912 and prior to 1958 are in the custody of NARA's National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis. In many cases where personnel records were destroyed in the 1973 fire, proof of service can be provided from other records such as morning reports, payrolls, and military orders, and a certificate of military service will be issued. Please complete a GSA Standard Form 180 and mail it to NARA's National Personnel Records Center, (Military Personnel Records), 1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO  63138-1002. You can also fax the form to 314-801-9195. Veterans and their next of kin can also use eVetRecs to request records. See eVetRecs Help for instructions. For more information see Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF), Archival Records Requests.


          Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NPRC was closed from March 23 through June 23, 2020. As of June 24th, the NPRC entered into Phase One of a gradual reopening process. The center is currently only servicing emergency requests and will soon expand its service to include time-sensitive requests from veterans for records needed to secure VA home loan guarantees and employment opportunities. We apologize for any inconvenience.


          We hope this is helpful. Best of luck with your family research!